Every day I triage and treat people with Covid-19 and a variety of other medical problems via telemedicine while “working from home.” I had no idea when I started doing this what an important role telemedicine would come to play in the pandemic.
What Are Telemedicine and Telehealth?
According to the American Association of Family Physicians:
- “Telemedicine is the practice of medicine using technology to deliver care at a distance. A physician in one location uses a telecommunications infrastructure to deliver care to a patient at a distant site.”
- “Telehealth refers broadly to electronic and telecommunications technologies and services used to provide care and services at-a-distance.”
And the difference between telemedicine and telehealth:
- “Telehealth is different from telemedicine in that it refers to a broader scope of remote health care services than telemedicine. Telemedicine refers specifically to remote clinical services, while telehealth can refer to remote non-clinical services.”
The AAFP’s position on telemedicine:
- “The American Academy of Family Physicians supports expanded use of telemedicine as an appropriate and efficient means of improving health, when conducted within the context of appropriate standards of care.”
- Additional Information on Telemedicine from AAFP here.
Good for My Practice Too?
Yes! No matter your specialty, Telemedicine and/or Telehealth can effectively supplement your practice in these difficult times.
What Can SuperPage Do for Me?
- First, SuperPage has been in the business of creating innovative web sites, hosting, and support for over 25 years, focussing primarily on professionals like you, in medicine, law, and the arts. We understand your needs, and like you, we look at every case individually and with care.
- Second, personally, in addition to my experience as a designer, I have a background as a producer, having worked in public television for a good portion of my career, including WGBH-Boston (“Nova,” “Masterpiece,” etc.), which means that I can help you create your video presence, with better lighting, tools, and techniques. It’s important to treat telemedicine and telehealth visits with the same professionalism that you bring to your in-person practice.
- Third, while “Zoom” has become an adjective, noun, even a verb, that does not mean that Zoom itself is the best solution for your telemedicine/telehealth practice. Instead, SuperPage will center your telemedicine/telehealth practice around “Teams,” our preferred media platform. Why? Teams is more secure, it’s HIPAA-compliant, and significantly, it is an integral part of the worldwide Microsoft family, which means fast, secure, and reliable cloud-based servers; familiar world-standard collaborative tools, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, professional email with your domain name, and much more; plus, Microsoft’s decades of experience working with medical professions, both small and large. With Teams and Microsoft, you’ll have the backing of a well-rounded and well-established software organization.
- And Finally, SuperPage can provide you with a full slate of financial tools to enable you to establish and/or enhance your practice.
Here are are a couple useful youtube demos from Microsoft if you’re looking to switch from zoom meetings to Teams:
- This video covers the basics, what it is, how to get Teams, how to use Teams, and some advanced tips and tricks:
- This video shows you how to join a Teams meeting:
SuperPage can help you with everything you will need to establish and maintain your telemedicine and/or telehealth practice. So, what are you waiting for? Contact us today!